Fig. 3. Wainwright foundry, c. 1868

3.jpg

Title

Fig. 3. Wainwright foundry, c. 1868

Description

Alfred Wainwright's foundry on the North Branch as seen from Elm Street looking northeast, c. 1868. The buildings erected by Wainwright in 1832 were purchased in 1863 by Dennis Lane who, in partnership with P. P. Pitkin and James W. Brock, established the Lane Manufacturing Company on the site.

Subject

Montpelier (Vt.)--Photographs
Foundries--Vermont--Montpelier

Creator

Unknown

Source

Vermont Historical Society Picture File

Rights

This image is presented for research and educational purposes only

Format

Black-and-white photographs

Identifier

F-MI-Montpelier (3.jpg)

Repository

Leahy Library, Vermont Historical Society, 60 Washington Street, Barre, Vermont 05641

Citation

Unknown, “Fig. 3. Wainwright foundry, c. 1868,” Digital Vermont: A Project of the Vermont Historical Society, accessed October 23, 2020, https://digitalvermont.org/IndustrialMontpelier/F-MI-Montpelier%20%283.jpg%29.