Engraving of Montpelier, Vermont, by Sarah Isham Watrous, 1821. The first State House is left of center and the Davis Tavern, later renamed Pavilion House, is the brick building to the right of center.
View of Montpelier, Vermont, looking north, taken from the south side of the Winooksi River. On the left is the third State House. On the right is the Pavilion Hotel. The liberty pole is visible to the left of the hotel.
View of Montpelier, Vermont, looking east, showing the side of the first Pavilion Hotel. The Vermont Mutual Fire Insurance Company building is also identified. A liberty pole, erected in the State House Park, is in the foreground.
The second Pavilion Hotel, owned by Theron O. Bailey, designed by Boston architect George Ropes, and built by A. B. Fisher. The hotel was completed in 1876 and a grand opening ball was held on February 28, 1876.
View of Montpelier, Vermont, looking east, showing the side of the second Pavilion Hotel. The Pavilion livery stable can be seen behind the hotel. The fourth Vermont Mutual Fire Insurance Company building, erected in 1882, is visible across the…