Stowe Historical Society
- Historic Photos from Vermont Towns
- Stowe Historical Society
First District 6 school, built circa 1840, was moved to the current location on School St. in 1861, from Main Street, next to the site of current Community Church. It has been a home to the same family for more than 150 years.
The current elementary building was opened in 1954, consolidating the rural district schools. The gymnasium served the elementary and high schools.
Built in 1861, this District 6 building housed grades 1-8 and a private high school. On the balcony and near the cannon are Civil war veterans and families.