Calder & Richardson Photos, Barre, Vermont
Photos from the coal and wood fuel company Calder & Richardson located in Barre, Vermont.<br /><br />William W. Calder (1858-1936) and Victor Richardson established the fuel company, “Calder & Richardson,” in 1900, in Barre, Vermont. William W. Calder had started work as a harness maker. Horace A. Richardson (1870-1938) bought the company in 1917. The company dealt in coal and firewood; fuel oil was added to the company in 1927. The company offices were located at 12 Depot Square in Barre, Vermont. The firewood sheds were located at Burnham’s Meadows; and the coal yards were situated on Horace Lane off North Main Street. Later, the oil tanks were established on Mill Street in Barre, Vermont.<br /><br /><center><img src="http://vermonthistory.org/documents/CalderRichardson/Calder&RichardsonLogos.jpg" alt="Calder & Richardson Logos" width="400 px" /></center><br />The finding aid for the entire collection can be found <a href="http://www.vermonthistory.org/documents/findaid/Calder&Richardson.pdf" target="_blank">here</a>.
- Calder & Richardson Photos, Barre, Vermont
Photograph shows interior of Calder & Richardson store at Depot Square. The photograph shows an exhibit of oil burner machinery along with the coal price list.
Photograph shows interior of Calder & Richardson store at Depot Square. The coal price list is shown, as well as firewood and samples of coal types.
Side view of the Calder & Richardson Store with the company lettering on the building, advertising "coke," "wood," and "coal."